A Year in the Life of the Churnet Valley is a photographic completion for amateur photographers of all ages.
Organised by The Friends of the Churnet Valley and The Phoenix Trust, the competition allows snappers to photograph life in the valley throughout the year and record the changing seasons.
There are no categories and snaps can be taken of anything or of any activity in the valley.
You could use your camera to photograph:
- Heritage buildings
- The valley in Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter
- Village life in Cheddleton, Oakamoor and Denstone
- The Caldon Canal and The Churnet Valley Railway
- Social activities, leisure and sport
- Markets in Leek and Cheadle.
You can use any kind of digital camera, phone or other device to take your photos – the one in this post was taken with a mobile phone.
The competition runs for a year until the end of February, 2013.
Images which must be embedded in an email (attachments will not be accepted) should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org giving your name and address and your age if under 18.