Explore the Churnet Valley with your camera this weekend and enter your snaps in our photographic competition A Year in the Life of the Churnet Valley.
A Year in the Life of the Churnet Valley is a competition for amateur photographers of all ages.
Organised by The Friends of the Churnet Valley and The Phoenix Trust, the competition allows snappers to photograph life in the valley throughout the year. There are no categories and snaps can be taken of anything or of any activity in the valley. Here are a few suggestions. You could use your camera to photograph:
- The Queen’s Jubilee Celebrations
- The valley in Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter
- Heritage buildings and historic markets in Leek and Cheadle
- The Caldon Canal and the Churnet Valley Railway
- Village life in Alton, Cheddleton, Oakamoor and Denstone.
You can use any kind of digital camera, phone or other device to take your photos. The competition runs until the end of February, 2013. For more details go to www.northstaffordshire.co.uk/?p=9160