A petition has been organised asking Mohammed Pervez the leader of Stoke-on-Trent City Council to change the name of Hanley’s new shopping centre which the developers are going to call City Sentral. The Phoenix Trust supports the petition and urges everyone who cares about our city’s national and international reputation to sign it.
Archive for October 19th, 2011
According to Heritage at Risk 2011 (published by English Heritage 19th October, 2011) The Wedgwood Institute is one of ten historic listed buildings in the Potteries that have been neglected or allowed to decay.
English Heritage says the other listed buildings at risk in Stoke-on-Trent are:
- The bottle ovens at the Gladstone Pottery Museum, Longton
- Chatterley Whitfield Colliery
- Bethesda Church, Hanley
- St. John’s Church, Hanley
- Price and Kensington’s Tea Pot Works and bottle oven, Longport
- Middleport Pottery, Middleport
- The Mausoleum, Stone Road, Trentham
- St. Joseph’s Roman Catholic Church, Burslem and
- The remains of Hulton Abbey.